This is the place to find out about the latest television and stereo sales, why 4K TVs are great and which surround sound receiver is best for you. Check us out frequently for information about monthly audio/video sales and tidbits about the electronics industry.
Our resident geek likes to muse over the latest and greatest that comes into the office. We’ve gotten tired of hearing him, so we’re letting him vent to you.
“Hi friends...Poindexter here. I LOVE computers. Aside from being able to pretend that it is a member of the opposite sex to ask it questions, it lets me access a world of music. Here are some new options that are available.
1) Sonos: This gadget acts as my personal music assistant. It lets me listen to any type of music that I want to. What’s super cool is that I control it with a special remote that works anywhere in the house and that shows me pictures of what is playing. I get feedback of the artist, songs, albums and more at all times. It’s too cool to describe adequately but we have it on display in our office if you are interested in a demo.
2) AppleTV: This neato device can transfer any movies or music that are on your computer to your home theater. You can also use it for slide-shows of photos for friends or family. Perfect for highlighting your pictures. Photos of this year’s Star Trek convention look GREAT on a 60” TV (as opposed to your computer monitor). Of course, James T. Kirk always looks fantastic.
You can also access services like Pandora internet radio, Netflix, YouTube, Hulu and others with the aid of your computer and networking. Man's best friend, the dog? I don't think so, my friends...I don't think so."
P.S. Since this article's inception, wireless networking has become much more relevant. Need help with your WiFi, San Diego? Let San Diego's WiFi and networking experts help you to get robust, whole-house WiFi throughout your house and property.
We do maintenance for our cars, for our houses and for our bodies (hopefully). Here at ATD, we are now offering tune-ups for your audio/video systems.
Systems are in constant need of being updated. Factors such as cable box updates, pesky in-laws, setting changes and room additions can all influence how your system looks and sounds. For $99.00, we will have one of our audio/video "doctors" come to your home to optimize your set-up and to make sure that you are getting everything out of your investment that you can. While we're there, if you're curious about what's available these days in the electronic world...just ask. We'll let you know about the latest and greatest while dialing in your system so it looks and sounds like new.
Our resident geek likes to muse over the latest and greatest that comes into the office. We've gotten tired of hearing him, so we're letting him vent to you.
"Hi friends...Poindexter here. I just got a chance to play with the new Samsung Blu-Ray players. These things are great! Here are a few of the features that I like and that you need to have:
1) Universal player: It plays anything round (Blu-Ray, DVD and CD) and does a fantastic job with Blu-Ray playback. The picture is unreal!
2) Pandora: You can build your own personal radio stations with this feature for FREE! I'm not sure how they do this but it could be magic. I think they include a small wizard inside each player. Anyways, you access Pandora through the player, pick your favorite artist and WHAMMO!...you've got a radio station that is tailored to your musical liking. Love the Eagles? You can have the Eagles and their contemporaries playing on your station all day long! And best...no commercials and did I mention it's FREE!
3) Netflix: You can get Netflix movies instantly through these players. Movies are very important to me as my social calendar is a little light at the moment. When I want to watch a movie, I can access it instantly instead of waiting for it in the mail. NICE!
I gotta go. "The life cycle of the Banana Slug" just came on PBS. Too bad it's not in 3D. See you soon!"
Hello and welcome to our blog about the latest and greatest in audio, video and technology today. We'll feature articles from our president, project managers, installers and our resident geek Poindexter.
Sometimes our soon-to-be clients have a look on their face like this person to the left when we first start talking with them. Why? It's probably because they haven't heard of us and aren't too sure about what we do. Here's the scoop. If you are looking for televisions, surround sound gear, stereo speakers, universal remotes, lighting, home automation products or anything along these lines, you need to talk to us.
We started this company five years ago in the hopes of providing service after the sale that can't be matched by the big-box stores that currently offer our products. You can buy this stuff anywhere, but wouldn't you rather buy it from someone that remembers your name, wants your business and that can provide you with service after the sale? We also offer very competitive pricing that matches or beats our big-box counterparts.
If you haven't tried our services, call us at (844) MYTVGUY and we would be happy to show you why we are San Diego's surround sound, flat screen and home automation experts. Thanks for stopping by!