We have BIG weather coming in this weekend. Wacky weather often creates problems with your cable services, computer and Internet and we want to save you frustration and time if problems arise. Below are some tips to try if you have issues with your computer or TV while this weather is in town.
If you experience:
1) Picture and no sound
2) Sound and no picture
3) Frozen or jagged picture
4) Your channel up/down and GUIDE don't work OR they stop functioning mid-program
All you need to do is to:
* Unplug the cable box from the AC outlet or from the back of the cable box, whichever is easier.
* Wait 20 seconds and then plug it back in.
* Wait a 5-10 minutes for the box to reboot. Make sure that the box is turned on and then try using the TV again.
Your problems should be solved!
Computer or AppleTV/Roku
If you experience:
1) No Internet service on your computer or wired/wireless devices that are connected to the network.
2) S...l...o...w... performance from Netflix, Sonos or other connected devices.
3) The AppleTV or Roku device seems frozen and won't respond to your remote.
All you need to do is:
* Unplug your modem and router from the AC outlets. If it is an AppleTV/Roku problem, unplug the offending unit.
* Plug your modem back into the AC outlet and wait until it comes back on (you will typically see solid lights across the front of it...give it 2-3 minutes).
* Plug your router back into the AC outlet and wait until it comes back on (you will typically see solid lights across the front of it...give it 2-3 minutes).
* Attempt using the Internet again. If you still can't connect, repeat steps 1-3.
* If you still can't connect, call your Internet provider (typically ATT, Cox or Time Warner) and ask if there are any outages in your area.
You are now storm savvy! These problems typically arise with any changes in weather. If your systems still aren't working, give us a call and we'd be glad to help.